In 2006, Minford received a grant geared toward helping students (grades 2 - 5) in math and reading. The grant provides funding for a program called Minford MARCS. The acronym MARCS stands for Math And Reading Collaborative Supportive.
This grant offers a variety of services which include:
- After school tutoring in MATH and READING
- After school intervention activities
- A snack program which offers a healthy snack for students who attend the after school portion of the program
- An activity geared toward promoting physical health and fun
- A variety of activities that promote active learning through our community and school
This program will also offer partial transportation for those students who stay for the after school program.
We feel that this program can help make our schools and community even stronger.
We would greatly appreciate your support so we can all make this year's Minford MARCS program a success!